Certificate of Liability Insurance FAQs

Get an Instant Quote

  • Quote. Pay. Print. Online.
  • Certificate of Insurance 24/7
  • #1 Choice among Venues

Are you a Broker?
Instant Quote & Purchase

RVNA Event Insurance provides retail brokers with access to a completely automated system. Learn more

Log in now

Add a Certificate of Insurance online 24/7. Print out Proof of Insurance in minutes. It's easy.

What is a Certificate of Insurance?
The majority of venues/event locations require vendors or event holders to provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance. This Certificate of Insurance is a document detailing the type of insurance coverage with dates and coverage limits. An event site may also request to be listed on the liability policy as an Additional Insured.

What is an Additional Insured?
An Additional Insured is a person or facility (location), other than the named insured, that is also provided insurance under the liability insurance policy.

How do I know if my facility/event location requires an Additional Insured or Certificate of Insurance?
The Additional Insured wording is usually listed as an insurance requirement in the rental agreement of the venue/event rental location.

Certificates of Insurance, Additional Insured wording, and Additional Insureds can be added to your Event Liability policy at the time of purchase or after purchase using RVNA's online policy management system to add and print instantly.

RVNA Event Insurance is also available by phone if you need assistance. Contact RVNA or Request a Callback and one or representatives will be happy to assist you.

My venue has asked for a Certificate of Insurance with them added as an Additional Insured. What does this mean?

When holding a special event, you will most likely be required to provide proof of liability insurance in the form of a Certificate of Liability Insurance to the facility or venue at which the event is being held. A Certificate of Liability Insurance is a document that details the type of insurance coverage, the insurance company providing the coverage, and the dates and limits of coverage for your organization.

In addition to providing proof that you've secured Liability Insurance, you may also be required to add the facility/venue as an insured to your policy. They will be named as an Additional Insured.

When you purchase Event Liability Insurance, an Additional Insured endorsement and Certificate of Liability will be issued. You can customize the certificate with the venue's name and location through RVNA's online policy management system.

My venue has specific wording to be added to the Certificate of Liability Insurance. How do I add specific wording?

If your venue has specific wording to be added to the Certificate of Insurance, you can provide the required language during the application process or call 1-800-364-2433 for approval. You can also add specific wording using the RVNA online policy management system. Just sign in, and add a Certificate of Liability Insurance to your existing policy. You will have the opportunity to add specific wording online.

How do I add a Certificate of Liability Insurance to my liability policy?

You will have the opportunity to add a Certificate of Liability when purchasing an Event Liability policy using RVNA's online system. Don't know the exact wording? You can sign in after purchasing the policy and add an Certificate of Insurance at any time.

To add a Certificate of Insurance, sign in to RVNA's online policy management system. Select the application you wish to access and click "Edit" to add a Certificate of Insurance to the policy with the Certificate Holder and specific wording, if requested by the event location. With RVNA's online advantage, you can easily print the endorsement document and Certificate of Liability, instantly.




Please note that all coverage is subject to specific conditions, exclusions, limits, deductibles and restrictions. The information provided is only a summary of the coverage. It is not all inclusive, nor does it alter or waive any of the actual policy language. Please refer to your policy for specific coverage language.